Saturday, June 03, 2006

Lonely in Louisville

Been a while since i went out. And everyone who knew me had only one question, where had you been over the weekend ? Frankly nowhere after the grand Rajasthan trip (Oops i did go to Lake tahoe last month). Quit the silicon valley of india and now back in United States, brings back the memories of my earlier visits.

Louisville, the place i live, the name itself sounds its a small village, unheard of to many including me. A person like me who like living in Bombay, this tiny city feels lazy. True its a small laid back place on the Ohio riverfront and close to cities like Cincinnati, indianapolis, and chicago (4-5 hrs is considered closeby). But theres more to this place, like Kentucky Derby, Bourbon whiskey, Music concerts on riverfront and other places and ofcourse home for so many healthcare companies. And yeah i too work for one of the healthcare cos called Kindred Healthcare.

Saturday, here I am sitting in a coffee shop and chatting online with friends back in india, looking for something to do all the time. I know only one person here, Danny, whos behind the counter of this coffee shop and serving coffee for its customers. Theres a huge world outside waiting for me to explore it, well am waiting for that too. Am missing all my aquaintances back in india and thats what taking me more time to get used to live here alone or make new friends around. Then come tomorrow theres Bardstown Road and i end up in another coffee shop and stay hours together figuring out what next to do.

I think i am getting lazy and thats what bothering me. Atleast it feels better when i think i am writing it down here. I shall write about Lake Tahoe visit in the next blog.

And hey America just wait i am coming.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really interesting. Keep writing..love ya..

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont see you writing much nowadays...is that because you stopped travelling

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home